While managing daily operations and juggling urgent priorities, is your leadership team struggling to manage programs and projects well, with high quality, collaboration, and innovation? Can they realistically be expected to cross-functionally deliver incremental large initiatives on time, on budget, and with the fully anticipated ROI?
Bill is a dedicated senior resource you apply to lead cross-functional program and project teams, fill capacity gaps, grow internal capabilities, and partner with Senior Leadership to support critical initiatives that must be executed well.
With a minimalist and non-technical project and organizational change management approach, he plugs-in easily, plays well with others, effectively manages expectations, cross-functionally collaborates and communicates thoughtfully up, down, and across the organization in a manner that minimizes risk, and fully implements solutions that drive results, internal satisfaction, and the full ROI.
Elaborate your initial vision
We work together to: surface core concepts and themes; source feedback; conduct research; test hypothesis; generate broad support from impacted groups and sponsorship from key decision makers.
Build the business case
I work with cross-functional Department Leadership, and external advisors to value the long term opportunity; identify necessary internal and external resources, detail risks, define timing, estimate required startup capital and expenses through design and build, prototype, market test, and rollout phases. I’ll happily help build the presentation and provide support when it is time present it to Executive
Creatively fill in the gaps / source and stand up special teams
I typically leverage your trusted internal resources by assigning core subject matter experts as Department Project Leads. However, in many cases new strategy and innovation requires external support. Where I can’t personally fill the gap, I help source, evaluate, contract, manage, and support expert external service providers, contractors, consultants, and legal support.
Develop prototypes and initial market tests
Speed to market is critical. I have lead teams that have rolled out new prototype retail concepts from initial concept through design, construction, and grand opening in 8 months and opened 25 more stores in 7 test markets the following year.
Integrate modern best practices / Increase Productivity and Efficiency
With growth and expansion there is often opportunity to improve processes, create efficiency, and enhance or get current with new technologies. I’ve completely upgraded a company’s technology infrastructure and enterprise reporting systems in 6 months. For those cases where I can’t fill the gap, I deploy expert 6 Sigma/Lean Business Process Reengineering and Project Management Professionals.
Manage the initial execution and implementation A-Z.
I have personal experience and expertise executing in these areas:
- Enterprise program, portfolio, and project management (PMO office, PMP)
- Strategy and Innovation consulting and initiatve implementation
- Growth and expansion pilot tests and program management
- Startup: consulting, project management, portfoliio reporting
- New retail store prototype and national roll out program implementation
- Omni-Channel program planning and project implementation
- SaaS software implementations: (Ceridian Dayforce Human Capital Management HCM; Tririga real estate management)• Mini: Enterprise Reporting Systems ERP, Warehouse Management Systems WMS Implementations
- Retail POS systems, credit card terminal upgrades, tablet computer implementations
- Benefits outsourcing
- Technology infrastructure upgrades and decommisioning
- Business Development, Financial Analysis, Due Diligence, Business Plans, Presentations, and Reporting
- Real Estate site selection, broker resources, site selection tours
- Retail building Construction, Tenant Improvements and Ground-up-build (GUB) projects, permitting, and issue resolution
- Corporate Golf Course Operations program development and implementation
Transition it to your organization
To ensure the long term implementation realizes the objectives envisioned, I survey and objectively measure results and behavioral changes, phase down progressively, and adjust where necessary. Thereafter, I standby as a long term plug and play resource you trust and will enjoy working with on the next project.